Thursday 3 July 2014

Beef and Bacon Casserole ~ Pressure Cooker



My pressure cooker is getting a major comfort food workout at the moment! Tonight I'm cooking a Beef & Bacon Casserole.. yum yum... mash or breadrolls not too sure yet!

Ingredients:

800 grams of diced lean beef
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 large onion diced
1 large carrot sliced
6 button portabello mushrooms sliced
3 rashers of bacon diced
2 tablespoons of gluten free plain flour
2 tablespoons of tomato paste
2 teaspoons of beef stock powder
1 teas of onion powder
1 teas of garlic powder
1 teas on dried onion flakes
1 teas of dried or fresh parsley
1 375 ml Beer (I use Coopers Pale Ale)


Start with some diced lean beef. I bought a whole blade from the butchers and cut it in half. One half I will use to dice for this casserole, the other half I am going to pot roast next week.


Place the beef into a plastic freezer bag with the flour and shake to coat.


Turn the pressure cooker on to the saute setting. Let it heat up and add the olive oil. Saute the onion, garlic and mushrooms until brown and tender. Add the beef stock powder, onion and garlic powder, dried onion and parsley.


Add the beer and the tomato paste and stir to combine, and then add the carrots.

Seal the pressure cooker and cook for the required time as per your pressure cooker's instructions.
I have a Kambrook Electric Express and set it to setting No 4. Once the cooking process has finished and you let out the steam you can put it back onto the saute setting if you think it needs to be a little thicker. Add some frozen peas during the thickening process as well... yum yum!!

You can cook this the same in a slower cooker, in the oven or on the stove top. I love my pressure cooker as it gives me more time to do other things! Tonight I am serving this with mashed potatoes that I have mashed with homemade garlic butter and finely sliced shallots.

I hope you enjoy it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts