Sunday 29 December 2013

Lj's Homemade Pickled Gold Beetroot


I found this gorgeous looking Gold Beetroot at my local fruit shop yesterday morning. I've never seen one and picked it up with a new recipe in mind.


Ingredients:

1 Large Gold Beetroot
1 Birds eye Chilli
1 Clove of fresh Garlic sliced
1 1/2 Cups of Apple Cider Vinegar
1 Cup of filtered water
1 Tablespoon of Brown Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon of Yellow Mustard Seeds
1/2 Teaspoon of Ground Cinnamon
(I would usually use some Cinnamon Stick but ran out)
1/2 Teaspoon of Pink Peppercorns
1/2 Teaspoon of Black Peppercorns


What to do:

Generally when pickling Beetroot I cook them whole in water, let them cook and then cut them up. Today I decided to peel and dice and do it a little bit differently.

 Add all of the ingredients to a Saucepan. Bring to a simmer and cook for approx half an hour or until the beetroot is tender. Add to a sterilised glass jar and seal. You can store in a dry cool place but I'd prefer to just rip into it :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts