Sunday 10 November 2013

Lj's Skinny Oven Baked Chicken & Chips


Just getting around to sharing my dinner recipe from last night, although it would be lovely to be able to sleep in past 5 am on a Sunday! Mini Me said she like this version more than deep fried but I'm wondering if that was because she was on fries for 3 hours last night at McDonalds and being McHappy Day it was pretty busy!!... she is loving her first job by the way! Well it's really her 2nd Job if you counting giving Private Lessons in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu being her first job :-)

Here's the is the recipe....

Ingredients:

2 Chicken Breasts
1 Cup of Homemade Breadcrumbs
1 Tablespoon of Dried Italian Herbs
1/2 Cup of Freshly grated Parmesan
1/2 - 3/4 Cup of No Fat Yoghurt ( I prefer Black Swan)

What to  do:

Firstly if you can... slice the Chicken into pieces how ever you like them. I usually slice them down the center longways then diagonally into 2 or 3 depending on how big they are. I prefer to do this as it cuts down the cooking time and also because it cooks evenly with some parts of the chicken being thicker than others. Add the Chicken and the Yoghurt to a snap lock bag, seal and toss to coat. Sometimes I add freshly sliced Garlic which can be disgarded later. I like to do this first thing in the morning and let it marinate all day in the fridge. In my experience the longer you marinate it the juicier and tender the Chicken is. A few hours is also fine if you are short on time. 


When you are ready to coat your Chicken prepare your oven tray by lining it with baking paper and preheating the oven to 200 degrees C.  In a bowl, add the Breadcrumbs, Herbs and Parmesan. Mix together.




Coat the Chicken in the crumbs and place onto your baking tray.



Place into your  preheated oven for approx 25 - 30 mins depending in the size you have made your chicken. I'm serving with healthy oven chips tonight, low fat sour cream and sweet chilli sauce. This is our Saturday night treat after being extra healthy all week!

Here is how I do my oven chips... these will take a bit longer to cook than the Chicken unless you precook them. Occasionally I cook the potatoes in the microwave first them pop into the oven. I only do this though when I am running really short on time. I slice them and pop them onto a baking tray that I have lined with baking paper and a spray of cooking spray. I season them with Cracked Sea Salt and Pepper and a sprinkle of Herb & Garlic Season All Spice. Give them another quick spray with cooking spray before putting into the oven. 

I hope you enjoy this recipe. It is a much healthier alternative to deep or shallow fried Chicken. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts