Sunday 2 December 2012

Pistachio, Basil and Sundried Tomato Pesto (Raw Recipe)

I'm very new to Raw Food Recipes....After days of researching all kinds of recipes I decided it was time to create my own and see what I came up with. I started with a base recipe and went from there.. I have no idea what I am going to do with this Pesto when it's done.. any idea's?????
Above is the link for the recipe I started out with.

Ingredients:

1 Cup Fresh Basil Leaves and a few leaves of Flat Leaf Parsley
1/2 Cup Raw Pistachios
4 Tbs Virgin Olive Oil
2 Tbs Fresh Lemon Juice
2 Lge Cloves of Fresh Garlic
1/2 Tea Himilayan Sea Salt
Approx 10 Pieces of Sundried Tomato
(Best to chop up a little bit before throwing it in, makes it easier to process,
I've used the Roma Tomatoes I dried last week)

What to do:

Simply add everything into the bowl of a small  food processor. Blend until finely chopped.

I've never made Pesto without Parmesan and much to my surprise this recipe tastes FANTASTIC! Very proud of my first efforts... Now what I am going to do with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts